Infectious Diseases Society of America Foundation (May ’20 – present)
I was brought in to the IDSA Foundation to manage a communication team tasked with re-building their website and developing a strategy (in part) to increase visibility of the Foundation in the infectious diseases (ID) community by the Society members, med students, and the general public. We audited all of the current communication assets and conducted a survey of the membership, which informed the strategic plan and roadmap we are building. Ultimately, the goal is to increase visibility and donations to the Foundation, as the WORLD has been greatly impacted by infectious diseases, particularly recently by Covid-19.
Swapcard (June ’19 – present)
The Collective SD (Feb. ’18 – present)
PROJECTS: Research, SWOT, content development, and strategic social media campaign development and execution for Collective SD clients.
Social Media Examiner (Dec. ’19 – Aug. ’20)
Social Media Examiner – Worked as a staff contractor as a community moderator on their Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, and LinkedIn social channels.
San Diego Restaurant Group (Dec. ’13 – Mar. ’20)
The three pillar restaurants in San Diego’s iconic Seaport Village since it was developed in ’80-’81.
Managed all elements of marketing including all content/social media strategy & execution, quarterly newsletters, website development and maintenance, reputation management, all photography, and the occasional magazine ad.
San Diego State University – L. Robert Payne School of Hospitality & Tourism Management (Sept. ’18 – July ’19) – This HTM program was one of the first in the country, and boasts a 99% placement job rate for graduates. Using my depth and breadth of knowledge of the meetings and events industry and marketing, I was hired to manage their social media marketing, and update the undergraduate Website.
EventCollab (Mar., 2014 – Feb., 2018) — Cloud-based event project management software company (company closed as of 2/28/18).
– Managed all elements of marketing including marketing plan & budget, all content/social media strategy & execution, email marketing, blog, tradeshow strategy & execution, business development, and all other things that needed to be done! Ownership decided to shut down the company based on other business priorities.
WorldStage (2018-2019) – Helped this innovative event technology company with logistics and business development surrounding tradeshows.
Epicenter Management (Winter, 2017) — an assn. management co.
– Social Media master-class training (full day) & photography – team & individual head-shots taken.
ikeGPS (Winter, 2017)
– Tradeshow strategy & logistics management.
AV Chicago (Fall, 2016)
– Website re-write and blog post writing.
Trade Show Internet (2016)
– Social media strategy, market research project for new product, and complete 2016-2017 Marketing Plan.
Dog Bone Marketing Solutions (2013)
– Completed social media strategies for Dog Bone clients.